Seattle Carpet Cleaners - Types of Carpet Cleaning Methods
Maintaining your carpets is hard work! You have a choice – do the carpet cleaning yourself, or hire a professional. Hiring a professional carpet cleaner will cost you more money, but do you really want to clean your carpets and rugs yourself?
It is unreasonable to expect everyone to clean their own carpets regularly. Think of all the time it would take you to clean and dry your carpets – even if you know the latest carpet cleaning methods and have the right equipment! Surely, you have better things to do?
That is why professional carpet cleaning services are so busy. Here we look at some of the available carpet cleaning techniques.
After giving your carpets or area rugs a thorough vacuuming, professional cleaners like carpet cleaners Seattle companies would perform specific cleaning techniques:
1. Shampooing - In the world of carpet cleaning, this seems to be the least effective of all the methods generally used by cleaners. This method of cleaning carpets makes use of special detergents applied onto the area rugs or carpets, to be later on agitated by carpet cleaning machines. Whatever is left of the shampoo would be extracted through vacuuming. While the detergents used might contain deodorizers that make your carpet smell good, this method cannot really remove dirt and microbes from the carpet. These dirt and microbes tend to reappear once the effects of the shampoo have expired.
2. Dry cleaning - This is an ideal method of cleaning carpets performed by professionals, like carpet cleaners in Seattle. This method eliminates the need to wait for area rugs and carpets to dry. In this method, a special kind of cleaning powder is used to cover the carpet. This special cleaning powder is designed to attract dirt and is left on the carpet to work its magic. After a certain amount of time, the powder will be vacuumed away thoroughly.
3. Foam carpet cleaning - This method mixes the wonders of dry cleaning and shampooing. In this method, a minimal amount of water is used. The foam detergent used in this method attracts dirt, much like dry cleaning powders do. They will later on be thoroughly vacuumed as well, only this time, most of the water, dirt, and detergent will also be extracted through the process.
4. Bonnet carpet cleaning - This cleaning method is best suited for commercial carpets. It is not as efficient if used for residential carpeting. This is because this method of cleaning floor covering is designed primarily for the maintenance and restoration of the appearance of commercial or industrial carpeting instead of giving it deep cleaning. This method can also potentially cause damage to the fibers that make up most residential rugs and carpets. Professional cleaners generally perform this through the application of a chemical detergent and through using a rotary machine with absorbent pads that are designed to extract dust and dirt.
5. Steam cleaning - This method involves hot water extraction. Many consider it the best method for cleaning carpeting. In this method, professional use powerful machines to inject a mixture of detergent and hot water into the rug or carpet. Powerful machines are also used to extract the mixture that has been in injected into the floor covering, leaving rugs and carpeting smelling and looking like they are new. This method is also quite efficient in removing most microbes and dirt.
These are the most common ways by which professional carpet cleaning services like carpet cleaners in Seattle do their magic in terms of maintaining and restoring carpeting – may it be in your home or office. Doing these on our own would simply prove to be a gargantuan task. And so now we pretty much have an idea why it is quite necessary to seek the help of professionals in making sure that area rugs and carpets are clean.